|Location:||Reston, VA||Department:||BH - Product Management||Type:||Internship||Min. Experience:||Entry Level||Status:||Open|
The company is looking for a Market Research Intern. As a member of a fast growing team, our ideal candidate will bring more than research skills to work; he or she will bring new ideas, approaches, and solutions to serious business questions.
The successful candidate will be able to balance both short- and long-term projects in order to develop deeper insights into our competition and broad market trends, and support the day-to-day needs of our sales team with ad hoc research.
- What therapeutic categories represent highest ad spending in the near-term?
- What new drugs has the FDA approved and when will marketing begin?
- Who are the right agency and client contacts to approach in connection with new product launches?
- How does our ad pricing in a variety of categories compare to our competition?
- What new categories offer the most upside for the company?
The internship provides an opportunity to develop and implement research plans in support of questions like these.
This position reports directly to our Director of Data Insights & Analytics and Marketing Director.
This is a paid internship.
- Use industry-leading media intelligence products to monitor and report on advertising spending in a variety of priority therapeutic categories.
- Organize data and produce clear, actionable summaries for use by sales leadership.
- Work with the Director of Data Insights & Analytics to refine our current practices; research and recommend new sources of data.
- Report on FDA drug approvals, recalls, withdrawals, and safety alerts.
- Work with company leadership and the Marketing Director to identify new market opportunities for the company to pursue.
- Assist with planning and analysis for multiple client surveys (phone, online, focus group) to be fielded by third-party research firms in the first half of 2017.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Experience conducting research in academic or professional settings.
- Ability to create and execute research plans to answer broad questions.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines, and deal with competing priorities.
- Experience performing quantitative analysis
- Expertise in R, Python, or a similar statistical analysis platform preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will be intellectually curious and motivated to help the company grow. This is a serious positon requiring drive and commitment.
BulletinHealthcare, based in Reston, is the leading publisher of digital news briefings for medical professionals, and a mobile powerhouse. We deliver specialty-specific daily medical news to more than 850,000 physician-members of the nation’s most prestigious medical associations (American Medical Association, American Dental Association, American Society of Clinical Oncology, and more than 20 others). Our expert analysts work through the night to aggregate, analyze, and distill breaking news to its core, and then deliver early each morning, in a quick-read, mobile-optimized briefing format, all the latest and most relevant stories. We deliver exceptional results to our advertisers--pharmaceutical and other healthcare companies-- and we command premiums that reflect our outstanding performance.
About Our Parent
Bulletin Intelligence delivers to senior corporate and government executives fully-customized briefings and dashboards that provide, as one Fortune 100 CEO described it, “The perfect antidote to information overload.” Clients include the leadership in Fortune 500 C-suites, the White House, and most Cabinet-level departments and agencies. Bulletin Intelligence’s expert analysts work overnight, utilizing complex proprietary software, to scour tens of thousands of sources, and distill their core findings into quick-read briefing memos. Its fee-based services come at a premium, but the value is proven with an annual retention rate of 97%.
Bulletin Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at HR@bulletinintelligence.com
Bulletin Intelligence invites any applicant to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request at HR@bulletinintelligence.com.